Then this happened.

by heirtoblair on July 10, 2012

Yesterday I received a phone call from our realtor that our buyer’s buyer’s loan didn’t go through, which means we won’t be closing on any homes until the end of August.

It all seemed silly to say that my buyer’s buyer screwed up, but then Twitter pointed out that my seller gets to say that his buyer’s buyer’s buyer dropped the ball & oh, man.  THIS IS WHY I HATED DOMINOES AS A KID.

This is also why you pay off liens to the IRS & don’t try to hide them from your loan officer & I’m not pointing any fingers, but I am looking straight at you Mr. Buyer’s Buyer.

Did I mention that Doug & I spent our anniversary packing up the remainder of the house, moving boxes & furniture into the downstairs for easy access on moving day, which was scheduled for this coming Saturday?  So pretty much we have a few tshirts & a toothbrush to our names, some paper towels & cleaning supplies, but our downstairs looks like an episode of hoarders with a pathway cut from the front door to the back door & our upstairs is empty sans big furniture.

I tried to ignore it all but now I’m throwing the most epic emo-angst tantrum because we jumped through fiery hoops last week for our loan & had no clue that people on the back end were effing it all up to the point that we now have to re-lock in two weeks & pray we get the same rate.

In related news, today I found myself sitting in a parking lot outside of a craft store, shoving McDonald’s French Fries into my face-parts like I was a greedy homeless person.  I will admit that it was a low point in my life.

I need healthier coping skills.

RsqAnimals July 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Sending you hugs. It sucks being the responsible one and yet still having to pay for someone else’s irresponsibleness.

Kim July 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm

same thing happened to us… but it was OUR buyer who had and IRS lien and their loan fell through… we had already given the OK to start building our new house too…. Hope it can all get cleared up ASAP!

Jen July 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm

We went through so much crap buying our house two months ago, so I totally feel your pain. THIS TOO SHALL PASS became my mantra, saying it to myself (and sometimes yelling it) multiple times a day.

KeAnne July 10, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Is it too late to see if A&E will feature you on hoarders and maybe pay for your move? Trying to make lemonade…

Sorry about your buyer’s buyer screwing up.

Sarah July 10, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I’m so sorry :( That is beyond disappointing.

Megan July 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm

oh my god! I’m so sorry! That is absolutely the most depressing awful feeling! I’ve totally been there – real estate hell, and I feel for you! I can’t imagine packing up your entire family only to find out you have to do it all again in 2 weeks…hopefully! ugh! I’ll be praying everything goes smoothly for y’all from here on out!
And you totally deserve McDonald’s on a day like that. No judgement here!

Arnebya July 10, 2012 at 2:01 pm

I will readily admit to telling some untruths in my life. But I have never told a lie that would have a domino effect and screw up other peoples’ lives. My lies affected only me. I’ll never be able to understand people who do this (like politicians who steal from constituents like no one is ever going to investigate). I hope it works out, really I do. In fact, it will. Scuse my language, but: Own that shit, BA! This will be your house. It’s just got a dumbass setback by a dumbass person but his dumbassness will not prosper.

Melanie Thomas July 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

That blows. Enough said.

Fingers crossed for you…

Ruby @ Focus, Woman! July 10, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Oh wow that sucks!! Home buying stuff is SO stressful! Our loan took FOREVER to seal (as in: 4 months? Ridiculous, no?) and it meant we had holiday days spent doing NOTHING because we still didn’t have our new house. It really is the pits, and I’m so sorry this happened.

Like the others said: this too shall pass, and if McDonald’s french fries is what you needed then dang girl! Eat the fries!

Mel - @omfgitsmel July 10, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Ugh. I’m sorry lady! Sounds like a nightmare. If it makes you feel any better, I end up stuffing my face with McDonald’s over a bad hair day.

Jenny G July 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm

This brings back very uncomfortable memories of buying my first apartment with my ex. But more than that I wish to pass on some wisdom my shrink once shared with me: “A lot of people will say I shouldn’t say this, but if that Reese’s Cup (French fries…) is going to help with this moment…I say eat it.”

Stay strong!

Becky @ From Ministry to Motherhood July 10, 2012 at 2:21 pm

At least you are aware of your unhealthy coping skills. Many are not. :) Also I think it’s admirable that you were scarfing down McD’s fries. I myself would have launched head long into a cake of a great height with mounds of icing. Sad but true…

I hope this is resolved for you asap and you’re able to move on with things.

Meghan July 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Oh my gosh. I’m so sorry! Praying something good comes out of all of this. I can’t even imagine. :-( Also praying this all ends soon for you! What a PITA!

Laura W. July 10, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Aww, I’m so sorry. I’m a planner…I need to know as much as humanly possible when/where things will happen, so things like that make me feel like the sky is falling. I’d probably be eating fries in front of Joann’s, but also in my pajamas. I hope everything works out for you, quickly.

Heather July 10, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Moving is so horrible. I am so sorry. We just moved and are cruising toward closing on our old house, all fingers and toes crossed thankyouverymuch. I have had more red wine and more cookies in the past couple of months, than, any woman in womankind. :)

Julia July 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm

It would have been a French fries, hockey nugget and milkshake day for me if I realized I had to keep living away from my hubs and with my parents for another 6 weeks. I’m impressed at your restraint!

Julia July 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm

and of course, by hockey, I mean chicken. ;) damn you auto correct!

Jess July 10, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Mmmm, McDonalds french fries

Jessica July 10, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Yeah you lost me at McDonalds French Fries, YUMMM. But seriously, this sucks. What an asshat. There, I said it.

Jael Carson July 10, 2012 at 3:42 pm

BA I think it’s time you spend some time with your therapist…

Jess July 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Oh BA. I’m sorry! That has to be miserable and frustrating. I pray y’all can lock at the same rate. Hey maybe it’ll even be better??

Hang in there sweet girl. Nothing wrong with sme McDonald’s fries. But you’ve should’ve gone all in and dipped them in a lovely Oreo mcflurry.

Jen July 10, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Sometimes you post things and IswearToTinyAndAveragedSizedJesus we are the same person. I may or may not have shoved fast food in my face when stressed out. I’ve been stressed to the max lately which means my diet has been super not awesome.

Ashley July 10, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Sorry BA :(. I would be incredibly ticked off/pissed/annoyed/woe is me too. And I’d be eating ice cream by the gallon.

Erin July 10, 2012 at 5:16 pm

What a bummer! I hope it all works out. If it makes you feel better my day sucked donkey ass too!

molly July 10, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Oh goodness. Listen, this is exactly what happened to us. We were all packed up and then the buyer lost his loan. We sat on pins and needles and lived out of boxes for two weeks while we waited to see if the closing of both houses would even happen! By the end we had a hard time believing that anything good would happen. But at the last minute the buyer got a new loan and we closed. Granted, I went a little batshit crazy during those two weeks. But we all made it out alive. I hope the same happens for you guys.

Sorry for all this trouble. I’ve definitely been in your shoes and it is NOT fun. I probably ate a lot of french fries. There’s not much that’s more stressful than selling/buying a home.

Tracy @Liberating Working Moms July 10, 2012 at 5:44 pm

First, I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this BS! Second, I now run. It’s my coping mechanism. And then you can eat those fries guilt free if you still want them later ;)

Greta July 10, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Mmmm, we had buyers back out after we had packed all our boxes too. Frustrating and disappointing don’t QUITE seem to cover how ya feel when that happens!

I happen to appreciate your coping skills ;).

Elizabeth July 10, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Oh my, girl, I’m SO sorry to hear this! We went through a somewhat similar situation last week on our house we’re selling. Completely packed up, ready to move, and the appraisal came in wayyyy too low. In short, we spent thurs/fri going rounds (we were supposed to close yesterday), only to send in our termination letter watching our dream home we’re planning on building – go down the drain. Our realtors ended up pulling through for us and saving the day, but had it not, I would have found myself filling my face as well.

Through our fiasco we kept (trying to) telling ourselves that everything happens for a reason. Hard to convince yourself of, but trying to believe it. Who knows, maybe it turns out there is a rat infestation in the house you were going to buy? Not likely, but it’s a meager attempt.

Hope you guys are able to get something figured out. This situation is truly heartbreaking. I can say, this is the last time I plan on selling a house. WHAT a PITA!

Lena July 10, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Oh hon, major hugs I am so sorry. What in the hell Mr. Buyers buyer!

Enjoy some fries, a trip to target, pick up a big box of wine and bask in horders glory.

Christina July 10, 2012 at 10:26 pm

forget the buyers buyers lien… how did the mortgage officers, loan officers, bank, let it get this fucking far without finding this?
we refinanced recently and before we even farted on our way to the website to look at refi interest rates, let alone sat down with actual people to sign actual papers, a huge red flag popped up about a lien that was actually NOT our debt, but one of those moves where the father gives the son the same name sans Jr.. and eventually Social security numbers are not considered… ultimately meaning FIL’s HUGE lien against him was under our name and we couldn’t even SAY wells fargo without getting that shit straight first. Man..

Christina July 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm

and if it’s any hope, the rate has almost not budged in MONTHS

Elizabeth July 11, 2012 at 1:00 am

That sucks! We had a tree fall on our house through our attic roof ten days before our scheduled closing last year. Upside, we got a brand new roof. Downside, our closing was delayed three weeks while the roof was repaired and the house was re-inspected. Oh, and the baby I was supposed to have two weeks AFTER closing was born a five weeks early, so we brought our two week old to the closing.
Now, a year later, it makes for a great story, but the drama is long gone.
Good luck! You will be in your new house before you know it.

Mel July 11, 2012 at 8:15 am

Oh, no! I am really, really sorry. Buying and selling houses is so much harder than it should be. Frick!

Amy July 11, 2012 at 9:17 am

Wanna go to Dairy Queen and get a Blizzard?

heirtoblair July 11, 2012 at 9:45 am

erin July 11, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Thinking of you! I’m in the midst of my own moving hell and totally feel for you! Our settlements were supposed to be everyday this week and have been bumped back everyday pushing me to a state of extra crazy…and being 9 weeks pregnant, I can’t drown in a bottle of wine – freaking loans! I will be leaving now to get some mcdonald’s fries. cheers

suzanne @ pretty swell July 18, 2012 at 10:10 am

Oh, man. I’m catching up after a week away from the interwebs, and I’m SO bummed to learn this news. I’m sure by now you’ve figured out how to live hoarders-style because you’re awesome like that. Hang in there.