Thankful on Thursday.

by heirtoblair on May 6, 2010

being thankful card Thankful on Thursday.

Image from The Legacy Builder

1.   Philosophies body wash.  So yummy.

2.   The love of a good man who I respect, adore, & do not deserve.

3.   Good friends that come in teensy, blonde packages.  Like this one:

x2 135c519 cp Thankful on Thursday.

and this one:

4.  Being the loud, noisy girls that at almost 27, share a chair & discuss the pros & cons of butterscotch lollipops.

5.  Colored pencils.  So forgotten & underrated after middle school.  But perfect for journals & planners.

6.  simplemom.net’s grocery list PDF.  It is an organizational dream.

7.  That reflux is the biggest health issue we face with Harrison.

8.  Tomorrow, I’ll be rubbing elbows with Pioneer Woman & 20 other girlfriends.

9.  For surprise presents for dear friends.

10.  A new, local PPD Support Group that I can attend.  I have needed one for so long, but been unable to go an hour away to a meeting on a work day.  This is such an answered prayer.  & I had my first meeting tonight.

Photo 17 Thankful on Thursday.

it’s why I can smile tonight over a hot cup of tea.

What are you thankful for today?  What is helping you wind down the week?

p.s. also, i’m thankful for the rain tonight. it’s like God is crossing “water plants” off my to-do list for me.  He’s my homie, looking out for me.

Tiffany May 6, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Those are all GREAT reasons. I didn't get time to post one today, hopefully I can join in next week. Did she change the logo for it?

olivea May 6, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Great post!

I am thankful for my new husband, raspberry swirl pound cake from starbucks, and reading a good young adult novel on my balcony!

Miranda @ Not Super. May 6, 2010 at 5:38 pm

I'm thankful for coffee. And for getting to work on time every day this week because we've got a well-oiled machine going on in our house that helps me get out the door on time!

And as ridiculous as this is, I'm thankful for twitter, because it has brought me a lifeline of PPA/PPD survivors.

Katy May 6, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I look at the images on the news here in Nashville and I am SO THANKFUL that my family has been spared.

And I am continually for a Father who loves me so, so much.

Nicole Yarid May 6, 2010 at 5:57 pm

I posted mine on my blog earlier today! I'm glad you found a local support group. I recently found my own local mommy group and they are amazing!

Joanna May 6, 2010 at 6:00 pm

But you DO deserve that man. Always remember that.

Meredith May 6, 2010 at 6:11 pm

You are so cute! Loves ya!

melodramommy May 6, 2010 at 6:22 pm

I'm thankful for some port wine and ice cream. And that my little baby boy, now 1YO has learned to chase me back, when playing tag! Yaaay, for new milestones that reveal his personality.

I'm also thankful for mommy friends in the blogosphere : ) like you : )

Angie May 6, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I'm thankful that we talked to a realtor and are putting our house on the market so I can move closer to work. I'm thankful that so far, things are looking good that we can get enough money out of the house to sell and buy another cute little house in a town 20 minutes closer to work, therefore finding me 40 more minutes of daytime that I can spend with my little boy and my husband!

Melissa May 6, 2010 at 6:44 pm

I'm thankful for beautiful weather!

And whoa! I just looked up that grocery list from SimpleMom! Can you believe I was writing my grocery list down every week!! With most of the same items!! Thanks!

Stephanie May 6, 2010 at 6:47 pm

I'm thankful that I'm a week away from my cruise.

I'm thankful that my high school shorts fit.

I'm thankful I got the nerve up to try…a brazillian wax. Hahahahahaa.

Elizabeth May 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm

These are great. I am thankful for you because I'm dealing with a lot of adversity and crap this week: angry teachers, rumors about my marriage failing, and a suicidal child. I am happy you were able to attend PPD support group meeting. Hopefully they will continue.

Emily @ Lost & H May 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm

I'm thankful for my son, who amazes me every day with something new he has learned. He loves to laugh, and loves to play with us and our dogs, and I find a little piece of my own childhood joy when I'm with him :)

Erica May 6, 2010 at 7:40 pm

I'm thankful for a lot: I'm thankful that you rule & your blog rules, that my "cracked out" coffee overdose went unnoticed by the Boss Man at work today, and for Mommy Solidarity (insert power fist here).

Jennifer May 6, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Blair – just wanted to say that you look SO beautiful, SO happy and SO peaceful in that last pic.

mrs.g May 6, 2010 at 8:07 pm

So true about the colored pencils. They are severely underrated.

I am thankful for Mimi's who send awesomely amazing baby gifts that help us out 2.5 months before James is even here :)

Cindy A May 6, 2010 at 9:57 pm

I love your thankful list! I am thankful for my Mom and for being a Mother.

Law Momma May 7, 2010 at 4:42 am

Hmmm… I am thankful that I have a job that pays me money. And thankful that I have friends both online and in real life who consistently make me laugh. so. hard. And thankful that my parents are both alive, well, happily married and driving each other crazy.

And thankful that I have a door on my office that locks and a new chair that totally reclines. YAY Naptime! :)

Mama Pea May 7, 2010 at 4:59 am

I'm thankful for this guy: http://www.growingsweetpea.com/2010/04/pea-daddy-

And red nail polish. And my sparkly sunglasses. And COFFEE :)

Lindsey May 7, 2010 at 5:04 am

I too am thankful for colored pencils! I just recently found mine in a box and ever since they have been sitting on my desktop ready to use for all my little scribbles!

Erin C. May 7, 2010 at 5:15 am

Right now, I am very thankful for COFFEE!! and for a smiley baby that greets me every morning!

and I am thankful that you do advertisments and promote items. Because thanks to your advertisment of The Vintage Pearl, I now own a beautiful necklace with my sons name on it :)

Gini May 7, 2010 at 6:17 am

I'm thankful for diet coke and dvr… but more seriously, I'm thankful for little minutes of playtime with my bear and for her wonderful grandparents.

More here… http://www.themcglothinfamily.blogspot.com

And I'm so glad you found a group! I struggled with an eating disorder and finding a new group when I moved away to college was a great lifeline.

notelizabeth May 7, 2010 at 6:18 am

today i am overly ridiculously incredibly thankful that my hubby is FINALLY graduating!!!

i am thankful for a healthy (although teething and therefore not so happy) baby.

i am thankful for my in-laws, who have been paying jeff's tuition the past few yrs and who have been more than fabulous in watching jackson so jeff can finish school while i'm stuck back at work.

and i am thankful for you blair, for your entertainment and honesty, as we all muddle through this new life as mommies.

i totally wanna color now. :)

Rachel May 7, 2010 at 6:50 am

You are hanging out with PW?! Oh man am I jealous! I super pink puffy heart her recipes. Her cinnamon toast post changed.my.life. forever.

I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband and baby, amazing photographers who capture smiles from cranky babies, candy dropped off at my desk on a friday, and Chick-Fil-A lemonade. Thank you baby Jesus for CFA lemonade, it rocks my socks. And of course for your blog for keepin it real.

Kim May 7, 2010 at 6:53 am

I'm thankful that Diana got me hooked on blogs :), my 3 healthy and energetic kids, my loving husband and my health. I'm also thankful that I read this . . . was inspiring. Way to go!

Susan May 7, 2010 at 7:27 am

I'm thankful for a toddler who loves reading and tries to hold hands with her little friends on playdates.

I'm thankful for the trees swaying in my backyard.

I'm thankful that I have a hubby who loves me for who I am and can mentally seperate me from my anxiety.

I'm oh so thankful for a dishwasher that works. Oh, and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers….and Swiffer.

I'm thankful to have a healthy family who have everything they need and some things they don't.

Thanks, Blair for the pick-me-up. Needed to count my blessings today. =)

Liz May 7, 2010 at 7:28 am

I posted mine yesterday afternoon!

And you are so right about colored pencils!

Jenna May 7, 2010 at 8:33 am

Just came across your blog for the first time. Refreshing list of things to be thankful for on Thursdays (or any day). I am thankful that it is FRIDAY! And that I'm going to have an awesome weekend with some awesome friends.

Valerie May 7, 2010 at 8:37 am

Thank you for the link to simplemom.net, that site is awesome! I've learned so much in only a few minutes of checking it out.

Grace May 7, 2010 at 9:35 am

I'm thankful for finishing grad school this week!

Gussy May 7, 2010 at 11:57 am

woot woot to the man upstairs :]

pinkflipflops May 7, 2010 at 2:06 pm

you are so darn cute!

Kacia May 7, 2010 at 4:00 pm

I love being thankful – it makes me remember to not be so selfish + look outside of myself

Thanks for the reminder! :O) muah!

Erin May 7, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Great post. Good to be reminded to be thankful for the simple yet important things in life that get overlooked and taken for granted. I'm thankful for 2 healthy children, a husband and parents. I

As for some of the simple things, I'm thankful for glade scented candles, Dunkin Donuts Coffee, Lipton Tea, and my afternoon break when the kiddos nap !

Alissa May 8, 2010 at 5:36 am

So glad that you found a local support group! I always love your Thankful posts. They make me think of things I am happy about and I always smile.

Lauren Fischer May 11, 2010 at 10:48 am

YOU ARE TOO FUNNY – God is my Homie too!